The integrity of radio frequency information is vital to much of the technology that shapes the world we live in.
Our security depends on telecoms and data communications that are immune to snooping, jamming or cyber-attack; our future transportation safety relies on every vehicle – land, sea and airborne – having centimetre accuracy location, and the capability of communicating this and other vital sensor information across the vast network of other vehicles and infrastructure.
Helix Technologies precision antennas are at the sharp end of communications system engineering where we separate the meaningful from the clutter and enable data systems engineers to design the next generation of connectivity.
How do we do it?
Towards the ideal of error-free wireless applications, Helix Technologies delivers an advantage that is founded on simple principles. In many diverse applications the carrier-waves of the radio-channel interact with the built environment in complex ways. Helix Technologies products are precisely manufactured to resonate autonomously in space that is much smaller than the carrier-wavelength. They use dielectric cores to concentrate fields and thereby shrink the out-reach of resonance fields so that they operate in smaller regions of space where they see simpler carrier-wave interference actions. This discrete simplicity of carrier-wave interference can be the key to clearer channel modelling in diversity systems to enable the delivery of error-rate and data-rate advantages. Or the unique polarisation purity that is guaranteed with the Helix Technologies antenna can simply be used to provide the unrivalled multi-path immunity in centimetre-accuracy position location applications.
Helix Technologies designs and manufactures advanced precision antennas for the global interconnect markets. Targeting applications that demand highly accurate positioning or time-base derived from any of the GNSS constellations, our family of Dielectric-loaded Multi-filar Helix (DMH) antennas combines compact size with high performance to give satellite navigation and communications systems designers a unique solution that is superior to any others:
- Multi-frequency/Multi-constellation – supports GPS, Galileo, Glonass, BEIDou, QZSS, etc
- Highly focused Phase Centre – enables millimetre accuracy in static (datum) positioning and 10cm dynamic accuracy
- Small size, and lightweight – ideal for handheld and portable applications; enable clean product aesthetics
- Fit-and-Forget – no ground plane requirements; consistent performance in any configuration
- Multi-path Immunity – maintains accuracy in signal-reflecting environments such as ‘urban canyons’ in cities
- Lowest possible proximity detuning – performance unaffected by objects in the near-field, and not affected by human body in hand-held applications
- EMP (static discharge) immunity – performance is unaffected by electromagnetic pulse activity
- Intrinsically robust – Ideal for military, aerospace and automotive applications
Our in-house specialist manufacturing process combines robotics, laser lithography and AI to fabricate antennas for a range of applications including highly accurate GNSS (GPS, Galileo, Glonass, Beidou) location services and future MIMO datacomms like V2X and satellite or earth-based 5G. Inherently robust, Helix Technology antennas are ideally suited to military, aerospace and automotive applications in addition to industrial and consumer markets.
Contact us to discuss your precision GNSS antenna requirements:
t: +44 (0)1235 887444