The emergence of safety critical applications such as autonomous/driverless vehicles and autonomous delivery drones together with the development of new GNSS constellations are driving a trend towards increased use of multi-constellation measurements to provide improved robustness and centimetric accuracy. In parallel an increased number of GNSS signals for open public use have become available from each GNSS satellite constellation as shown in the table below. Taken together these system improvements provide the opportunity for a step change in GNSS accuracy and reliability.
In order to enable users to take maximum advantage of these advanced GNSS system features Helix Technologies is developing a range of consumer/automotive grade, high-performance GNSS antennas that can operate at multiple GNSS frequencies and will enable a step change in GNSS accuracy and reliability. In addition our dielectrically loaded antennas provide other inherent compelling technical advantages that include:
- Tailored frequency response optimised for the Galileo AltBOC and GPS MBOC signals.
- Unsurpassed gain/efficiency per unit of radiating volume.
- Improved accuracy and reliability of GNSS systems in urban environments with significant multi-path.
- Cross-polarisation isolation of the order of 30dB
- Un-rivalled beam-width (omni-directionality).
- Robust operation when orientated in non-optimal direction (not perfectly upright).
- Operates when tightly embedded within integrated devices.
- Operation in slim-line packages where there is no room for a ground-plane.
- Preserves radiation efficiency near absorbing objects (for example the human body).
- Easily packaged into extremely robust packaging for durability and reliability.
For more information on our Multi-Frequency GNSS antennas please get in Contact with us.